Last updated: 15th May 2020
Following the Taoiseach’s statement (1st of May) on the introduction of new Covid-19 measures, Hilti Ireland are working to the HSE, CIF and Government guidelines.
Our priority is to protect the health of our employees and their families, as well as our customers and partners.
During the lockdown 90% of our team were on leave, but as of May 18th our full Republic of Ireland team will be immediately available to meet our customers’ needs remotely or in person as required, with our team members in Northern Ireland expected to return to work once a reopening date has been agreed by the NI assembly.
We are here to support you albeit with some changes to meet the Government, HSE and CIF guidelines:
- Our field-based teams have all completed the CIF C19 Induction and are back working remotely and are available for in-office or on-the-job visits where required. For customers who wish to limit outside visitors to your facilities, our sales and technical teams are ready to support you remotely and digitally.
- Our Tool Service Centre remains open for service, repair and calibration and our teams there have every intention to uphold our repair time promise wherever possible with new C19 tool cleaning protocols in place.
- Our Distribution Centre is critical to getting our customers the products they need – when and where they need them.
- Our Customer Service teams remain available to support you at 1850 287 387 while our website is available around the clock.
- Hilti Stores are open to avoid delays we ask you to phone ahead or order online in advance to arrange easy product pick up in support of social distancing.
Supply chain and deliveries
We do not anticipate any significant impact on supply and/or delivery timelines in the short-midterm.
- Our supply teams are in task force mode and are monitoring our supply chain on a permanent basis
- Moreover, our warehouse already carries extra stock due to the steps we took to prepare for potential supply delays resulting from Brexit.
Supply of all Hilti products is therefore ensured for a certain period of time and Hilti is investigating the potential long-term impact of the current situation and is taking mitigating actions to avoid future disruptions to our customers globally.
Health and preventative measures
- We have established crisis management teams at the global level and in the regions / countries affected by the coronavirus. This has prepared us well and given us the ability to quickly implement proactive measures and to rapidly react to new developments.
- We have contingency plans in place for our sites to assure continuity of supply and service delivery.
At Hilti we take the situation seriously and will continue to monitor any further spread of the virus. While none of us may know what the future holds, we want to assure you we are here to support you and have contingency plans in place to enable the continuity of supply and service delivery with the goal of being there for you, our customers, while helping ensure the well-being of our team members.
John R. Greer, III
General Manager, Hilti Ireland