Find out how our concrete scanners are designed for precise, non-destructive structural analysis and detecting hidden objects
WHEN TO USE CONCRETE SCANNERS
It’s easy to hit a hidden object when you’re working on a jobsite.
So, our Hilti detection systems are designed to find pipes, live wires or rebar and avoid hitting them when you drill, core, saw or cut.
Our range of cordless detection tools and systems are shock, dust and water-resistant, each having a specific application, for example:
- Finding metal and non-metal embedded objects in concrete, bricks, masonry and other base materials.
- Non-destructive structural inspection of rebar – estimate depth of concrete cover, location, size and dimension of rebar.
- Pipes – find metal and non-metal pipes, such as PVC.
- Live wires – locate electrical conduits.
- Other objects – find wood, structural steel reinforcement, post-tension cables (PT cables), pre-stressed tendons (PS tendons), concrete beams and more.
- Discover complex layouts of multiple embedded objects over large areas – this is particularly useful for large structures such as bridges or tunnels.
- Accurately detect the exact drill hole entry or exit point and easily determine the drill bit length required based on the measured slab/wall thickness.
This all helps to avoid hitting an embedded object and damaging drill bits.